Friday 20 July 2012

FW Chaos Rules: The Shape of Things to Come?

I was checking out the new 6th ed rules from Forgeworld--specifically, the Decimator.
The Engine in question. Photo taken from FW website.

The big guy is the first rules update since the FAQs, which of course don't give us insight into upcoming releases most of the time. What I find particularly interesting is this:


Dedications of Chaos
• Dedication of Khorne: The Decimator gains the Rampage special rule.
• Dedication of Nurgle: The Decimator gains the It Will Not Die special
rule.
• Dedication of Slaanesh: The Decimator counts as being equipped with
both assault and defensive grenades.
• Dedication of Tzeentch: The Decimator may re-roll all To Hit rolls of 1
with its shooting attacks, and its heavy flamers (if it has any) gain the
Soul Blaze special rule.

I can't be the only one who suspects these may be taken from the upcoming and highly anticipated Chaos Space Marines codex, am I? Granted, Slaanesh and Khorne are both Walker-oriented, but that makes sense to me--if I was designing the CSM 'dex, I would make separate blessings for walkers and non-walkers.

This speculation of course assumes some communication between the main design studio and the Forgeworld design team. I've heard conflicting rumors about exactly how much those guys actually talk, and how much they can share rules-wise.

And yeah, sorry about the BSG reference in the post title. I really just couldn't resist.

No comments:

Post a Comment