Tuesday 21 February 2012

Something Wrong with the New Models...?

Namely the Hive Tyrant.
First of all, I'm SUPER-psyched for the new 'Nids releases. I want, like, 3 of those Tervigon/Tyrannofex kits--1 more tervigon and 2 tyrannofexen.

But I would like everyone to take a look at this model. Tell me if you see anything wrong.
Take your time.
See it?

It's not a legal model.
The wings go in the upper arm slots. This means you can only use one pair of weapons with the wings, while all Hive Tyrants have two weapon sets.

This means the model cannot be WYSIWYG.

Granted, this is a preliminary picture, and I sincerely hope I'm wrong about this. Because that would really just be a slap in the face to make a kit that can't even be used under your own rules for Tyranids players. Granted, this isn't one of the kits that we've been slavering for, but still.

Srsly?

Maybe once I see the sprue this will be cleared up. I really do hope so, because it looks like it could be a great kit.

EDIT: It looks like the feet MIGHT count as scything talons. Perhaps the leg joint will be able to house weapons? Here's to hoping...

2 comments:

  1. Its okay. The kit allows you to use and I quote "A set of special scything talons have been included in the kit to replace the hooves on a winged Hive Tyrant"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you, and was looking on the internet if anybody saw that the model isn't WISIWYG...

    If the feet count as scything talons, I really can't imagine Bone Sword in this place ...

    ReplyDelete